Log in

No account? Create an account
led astray

January 2013

Powered by LiveJournal.com
led astray

continuing with the rough stuff

Friday was a good day.  It was sunny and I got a lot of housework done, plus I got a rockin' commission for a stuffy.  Marc came over and we watched the original Dune and fell asleep pretty early.

And then Saturday came.  The first half of the day was awesome.  We slept in a bit and then he had errands.  He was going to come back in a few hours and then we were supposed to go to his friends' house for a Chinese New Year eating extravaganza around 6.  So Katie and I watched some horror and I knit a beaded headband for my little sister.  I take a shower around 4:30 so my hair has time to dry before we have to go out in the freeze.  I'm really excited about being social and eating tons of awesome home cooked Chinese food and trying not to eat much so I have lots of room.  I get a text around 5 that he's running late, he'll be here around 7.  Er, ok, that's an hour after we're supposed to be there and it takes half an hour to get there.  After our movies, Katie put on No Reservations.  That didn't help my hunger.  Then Hoyce came home and they ordered dinner.  It got here and Hoyce started eating. 7 has come and gone, Marc isn't here and I'm getting cranky not only because he told me the friend gets upset if people are late, but because I haven't had enough to eat.  Almost 8, Marc gets here and we leave.  At this point, I don't think I want to go.  I wanted to go when we were going to be there at 6ish and have dinner soon after.  So we get near and park.  At almost a sprint, Marc is up the block (that's all uphill).  It's 10 degrees out, there's ice everywhere, I'm tired, hungry and cranky and I can't keep up with him, but I'm exhausting myself trying.  Yyyyyeah, after several uphill blocks he takes out his GPS and discovers we've gone way too far and up the wrong street.  We get there and there are like 60 people in this apartment.  The first and only thing the host said to me was that we needed to get out of the way because they're bringing food out just now (8:30ish) and there are speeches and ceremonies and then the ravenous crowd (who also expected to eat at 7) descended on the food and I couldn't see it and there was no place to be out of the way and the frigid wind outside prevented me from smoking weed.  All this spiraled into a panic attack.  I asked Marc to bring me home, which he did without complaint, and told him he could go back, but I'm staying home.  I get home and it's around 9 and I still haven't eaten and I'm shaking and crying, so Hoyce and Katie rescued me with an order of lamb kebob and baba gannouj.